Jambands.ca

Bob Dylan Announces Latest Bootleg Series #12 - Nov. 6th

Esau.

I suspected (and kinda hoped) the next series would cover the sessions surrounding Bob going electric era. I have most circulating outtakes and session recordings already of the albums they are using, but as always, I'll be happy to get an official release and still have the 'long-shot' hope some tracks/takes or even songs will be released that haven't circulated already. (doubtful). 

http://pitchfork.com/news/61338-bob-dylan-announces-latest-bootleg-series-installment-featuring-rarities-from-1965-66/

29gj5sn.jpg

Bob Dylan Announces Latest Bootleg Series Installment Featuring Rarities From 1965-66

Material from the Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited, and Blonde on Blonde sessions.

Bob Dylan will issue the 12th volume of his long-running Bootleg Series this year, Ultimate Classic Rock reports. The Cutting Edge 1965-1966: The Bootleg Series Vol. 12 is out November 6 and will feature demos, alternative versions, and outtakes from the Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited, and Blonde on Blonde. 

The new bootleg edition will be available in 2xCD, 6xCD, and 18xCD editions. It's expected to feature an early plugged-in version of “Mr. Tambourine Man”, “Visions of Johanna” with alternate lyrics, and a comprehensive look at the “Like a Rolling Stone” sessions. The Band appear on some early versions of Blonde on Blonde tracks—songs that were later recorded with Nashville musicians.