Jambands.ca

Roll Call: A different weekend.

SaggyBalls

Tonight at the Stonehenge Lounge (sorry - i know i said the name would be changed to Elements but we don't have the big sign yet so for all intents and purposes it's still stonehenge lounge...) we have a night of loungey hip hop. One DJ and a chill club. I know it's not live music, nor ir it necessarily something everyone's interested in but it's another party possibility for londonites that might not want to leave town or people looking for a place to go in London.

Cover's only $2 and the music's going to be pretty laid back. still lively but not in your face. more hip hop than rap and DJ Maxwell mixes jazz, funk, and some soul into the mix.

Tomorrow night, Saturday the 3rd, we have DJ MaxWell in again (hopefully with some suprise guests fresh from a show in Cincinnatti) spinning downtempo, funk, jazz, and mellow breaks.

he could change his mind but for a cheap cover ($2 again) and affordable drinks in a nice place in London you can't beat it.

We're workjing on a regular groove night with a DJ and live musicians. Not quite an open stage but performers will be welcome.

Think live hip hop/groove with a house band and interactive DJ. Anyone interested in getting involved ever (even just showing up and bringing gear and playing one night be it one musician or a band) please let me know.

it'll be a more focused open stage, as funky, groovy music is the key to shakin your ass.

i'm just looking for feedback from some nice heady pholk about getting involved with the groove scene even from a fan's perspective.

just to let you know it'd be thursdays.

Elements (stonehenge) lounge

192 Dundas Street (east of richmond, west from clarence)

downtown London Ontario

parking in the rear off Queens Ave (a one way street going west)

Archived