Jambands.ca

What can I say about...

PassedOutGuy

New Shady Groove...

Anyone that knows me that values a little bit of my opinion will definately go and see these guys when they can... Tonight, they played a small bar here in Oshawa called the Velvet Elvis... and i'll tell u they definately opened up a few eyes... these guys are four very nice guys, not to mention stellar players... some of the covers they touched on that I caught were a killer First Tube in the first set... Shakedown St by request from the PoG, A killer tease of Rift which was nailed until the non-existent vocals ... bathtub Gin.. now come on... 4 guys with no keyboards .. it was pretty!

I'm sure a few more folk will pipe up about how good this was tonight... these guys definately deserve some respect.. good on ya New Shady Groove.. thank you! You are welcome at our place anytime.. come back and see us... btw.. not to mention they have over 20 originals already and their cd sounds phat!

And here's my recollection of TNSG. I walked into a full out onslaught of solid jammin'. This went for a while, i suck with time, so lets say a beer and a half of [Eek!] . Anyways we get to First Tube and its killer and to the point. I'm a happy man and could have went home then happy. But, I didn't and things get better. Set 2 was full of great covers, but not overshadowing the stellar originals they weaved in and out of. B.T Gin and Shakedown were given much respect and the band was definately earning theirs. Billie Jean cover comes ....Superstitous cover...Holy Shit. OK I'm sold, where do i sign up? Frankenstien encore!!!

Although i mention all the cover songs this is a band that doesn't have to play the covers, but do because they can. Solid show and a great night, thanks, hope you guys make Oshawa a regular stop.

Archived