Jambands.ca

Rose Garland in Thorold: The Details

dark_starr

Thanks to everyone who made out to the Moose & Goose last night...and an even bigger thanks to those of you that hung around wile some last-second gig details were hammered out!

Long story short, the band got a phone call at 9pm informing us that, for reasons that were never fully explained, the sound man had bailed on the evening's festivities, and the owner of the club wouldn't allow us to use whatever gear was on the premises. So we loaded up our rehearsal P.A. and headed of to the Moose & Goose, now not really sure how the evening would unfold.

We hooked up what gear we had, and it became quite evident that we were going to be woefully underpowered; what I would have given to have had access to another 2000 watts of power! Regardless, we managed to get everything up and running and got the show underway, albeit a little late.

And now you know...the rest of the story.

Rose Garland, Feb. 15 (we hit the stage after midnight), 2004

Set One:

Bertha, New Minglewood Blues, Cassidy > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider > Morning Dew

Set Two:

Man Smart, Women Smarter > Eyes Of The World > Dark Star > Space > Throwing Stones > One More Saturday Night

quote:

Originally posted by dark_starr:

Rose Garland, Feb. 15, 2004

Set One:

Bertha, New Minglewood Blues, Cassidy > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider > Morning Dew

Set Two:

Man Smart, Women Smarter > Eyes Of The World > Dark Star > Space > Throwing Stones > One More Saturday Night

---

As a "dead"icated member of the crowd at Moose and Goose (it will always be Front 54 no matter how many times they change the name)there for RG, I can tell you that the guys were awesome. Despite the lack of power, they sounded fine, they belted out the tunes and kept the place happy! Nice job under not so nice circumstances, you made your loyal ones smile! For those of you that could not make it, the Dark Star/Space was particularly good. Can't wait for the 28th!

Archived