Jambands.ca

Harmonica player Carlos del Junco dates

Mr. Musicface

From the mailing list of the always-amazing Carlos del Junco, one of Canada's (and indeed the world's) best harp players. Personally I'm definitely hitting the March 13th workshop at L&M, if you're at all interested in harp playing I'd highly recommend it, I've taken lessons with Carlos and he's as fantastic a teacher as he is a player.

quote:

NEWS: Most of the new cd is recorded and with any luck will be finished by late spring. This was a really fun cd to make with some really inspired playing from all involved: Kevin Breit: guitars, Henry Heillig: bass, Jorn Andersen: drums, Art Avalos: percussion.

Apologies to anyone south of the Canadian border for not showing up at the mid February US dates – our work permit didn’t get processed in time: it is getting harder and harder to to get work visas to thru on time. Hopefully this will change in the near future. No worries for the Buffalo show on March 20 as I have the visa for this one....

For the local people in the Toronto area, I will be taking part in 2 harmonica workshops in March. The first at the Long and McQuade Bloor Street store is free and will feature myself solo sharing harmonica tips and tricks. The second one will be a Toronto Blues Society event and will feature 4 other local harmonica players with a backing band (see links below).

March

Mar. 13 Toronto ON CAN Long and McQuade Harmonica workshop 2:00pm to 4:00pm

Mar. 20 Buffalo NY - Mohawk Place

Mar. 27 Toronto ON CAN guest for Toronto Blues Society Harmonica Workhop 2:00pm to 5:00pm

?

April

Apr 15 Calgary AB CAN - Moaning Summit Concert House

Apr 16 Banff AB CAN - Margaret Greenham Theatre

Apr 17 Kelowna BC CAN - St. Michael's Anglican Church Hall

Apr 18 North Vancouver BC CAN - Capilano Performing Arts Theatre

Apr 19 Penticton BC CAN - Dream Café

Apr 20 Penticton BC CAN - Dream Café

Apr 21 Penticton BC CAN - Dream Café

Apr 22 Cranbrook BC CAN - Key City Theatre

Apr 23 Calgary BC CAN - tentative -TBA

Archived