Jambands.ca

Trent students - a query

scottieking

Hey Scottie! I do remember picking up the first copy and skimming it over a few weeks ago.. Unfortunately I remember little else about it! I didn't get a good chance to read it. I remember seeing Joel Buxton's name in it a lot (a friend of mine). Are you involved in Isabel??

I picked it up a while back too. i'm not sure exactly what they are trying to do with it but i remember it being not so much news but sort of short stories. to be honest i'm not going to go too far out of my way to pick it up again. always good to see another student paper though...

No, KevO, not directly. A former student of mine (a first year student), started the damn thing, is the editor in chief and sent me a copy of the first issue. I was just wondering what campus reaction was to it and thought I'd include some of your feedback in an email back to him. Personally, especially knowing Chris as I do, I'm very impressed he is doing such a good job out of the gates. Knowing Chris, it's only going to get better, come hell or high water.

It was a good looking publication, aesthetically! =) Waaay better than Absinthe, one of the other publications on campus. Its like theres a quality spectrum of Trent media.. Arthur is at the top (fairly relevant material) and Absinthe at the bottom (lots of inside jokes between a small group of friends who make the rag together). From what I remember, Isabel was somewhere in between. I think it was a pretty limited distribution. I hope he keeps it up. I'd like to see it go in either a very artsy direction or a very radical activist direction (focused on local, trent-based stories). That's my vision for this paper that I know not-much about! [Razz]

Archived