Jambands.ca

Looking for Accompanuzz in Ottawa

Rob Not Bob

Howdy,

Spring has (slowly) sprung and I am starting to get the performing itch, so once again I continue my ongoing search for and accompana- ... accompami- ... acoustic guitar player to work with (O Brother Where Art Thou joke) . At one time I was making a stab at learning to play guitar myself, but have come to the conclusion that I have gotten too fat, lazy and content with my lot to put the work into learning a new skill [Roll Eyes] (although I haven't entirely given up yet) ... and most of my friends who have helped me out so far have their own gigs/bands/lives to tend to.

I guess what I am looking for is a versatile guitar player/accompanist (ideally who can sing harmony, but that is not a must) who is interested in just getting together now and then and playing and practicing songs and maybe now and then finding a show in a support slot or playing open stages. I can contribute my living room as practice space, or can travel to anyone's place in the Ottawa area (I have a car).

I have a wide variety of stuff I am hoping to play ... Dylan, Dave Matthews, alt.folk (Red House Painters, Tim/Jeff Buckley), alt.country (Byrds, Gene Glark, Gram Parsons, Wilco, Jayhawks, etc.), Power Pop (Matthew Sweet, Velvet Crush, Gigolo Aunts), some Brit Pop, some blues, some rockabilly, even some silly pop songs, so a sense of humour and fun is a must [smile] I'm actually not looking to focus on more popular Jamband material (Dead/Phish) ... not that I don't love them, I do, just that has already been well played in the local Jam community.

A straightforward accompanist would be fine, although if someone can rock out and jam out the songs between verses that would be a big plus (got spoiled by the last person I worked with [Wink] ) .

Anyhow, if anyone is at all interested in some or all of this, please let me know.

Cheers,

RnB

Archived