April 7th - Fox Theatre Boulder, CO

April 8th - D-Note - Arvada, CO

April 9th and 10th - The Summit - Glenwood Springs, CO

April 11th - Aspen Ski Co - Snowmass Aspen,CO

12 noon - 3:30pm show

-

JERRY’S JAMMERS EXPLORE

NEW TERRITORY WITH ORIGINALS

From the Grateful Dead musical culture a new group – THE MIX – has just formed. These seasoned players welcome the chance to show what they can do with their originals.

THE MIX will do it all, Jerry, Dead – and their own repertoire. Here’s what band members have to say about why they’re hot on THE MIX.

John Kadlecik- guitar, vocals

“I value the opportunity to work with Melvin Seals. I learned a lot of JGB material with Dark Star Orchestra, Melvin and I share a common background in a particular repertoire. I look at THE MIX as a forum to see where the roads not taken can lead. In DSO we improvised within the structure provided. THE MIX will be about exploration, stylistic experimentation. It will be exciting to see how it evolves.”

-

Melvin Seals-organ

“I’m looking forward to this project more than any other project I’ve ever worked on simply because it’s an all-star cast playing the best of Jerry & Dead covers and originals so you never know what to expect. I’ve been holding back up until now with some of my finest originals. I’ve been waiting for this event to happen. This is the right moment.”

-

Kevin Rosen- Bass

I welcome the chance to play with musicians I’ve long admired. Originals are real fun for me because they’re become an amalgam of what everybody puts in. You write something, bring it to the band and they all bring their influence to it, and the whole becomes greater than the sum of its parts.

-

Greg Anton-Drums

“For me, music is, by far, the clearest expression of truth, of love, of the vitality of life. Musicians joining other musicians in conversation at the speed of sound, exposing their souls in a way that's transparent, wide open, bringing their spiritual and musical lives to the stage. This conglomeration seems like it's got it all...rock, blues, tender ballads, explosive jams, kindness, compassion, sensitivity, laughter, patience, mastery, magic, mutual admiration, improvisation, callused hands, barbecued chicken......"anyone that sweats like that must be all right".....THE MIX....let's put our collective foot to the floorboard and see what this baby can do!”

-

listen here folks [Cool]

btw...Paul Murin is the guitar playing from The Phix

Archived