Jambands.ca

Jambands.Ca Fall Music Fest thoughts

mark tonin

I posted (most of) this to the Canadian Phish Traders board but decided to post here as well ... Thank you to everyone who came out to this event. Judging by the positive feedback I've been getting from fans, band members, and volunteers, it was a great success. I had a wonderful time ... the audience was into it, the bands played really well, and the sound was sweet. Look for some pictures to be posted at www.jambands.ca in the next week or two, and look for some phat b&p offers in the future. Eric Warren did an amazing job with the sound and recorded all 6 bands that played upstairs directly onto his computer - 2 channels from the soundboard, and 2 channels from mics. It should sound awesome.

It was great to be able to bring a bunch of bands together at one show. I really enjoyed all of the music that I heard during the two days - my personal highlights were Nero on the Friday night and then snack! and Jomomma on the Saturday night. I loved watching the expression on people's faces as they watched and listened to Nero do their thing - Nero was definitely blowing some minds on Friday night - mine included. And Jomomma was definitely on and into it on Saturday night. John Kent was on fire, both with his guitar playing and with the energy that he was radiating from the stage.

I was also really pleased with the appreciation shown by the bands for the opportunity to play. It makes it easy to want to do something like this again when band members go out of their way to say thanks. And wow, what support I got from my friends and family. So nice.

Any feedback about the event (positive comments or suggestions for improvement) are appreciated. I'd like to do something like this in the future and build upon what was started with this event.

Peace, Mark

bouche, I hope that your camera bag is safely back to you smile.gif" border="0

ah! Mark! Thank you soooooo much!

I got an email from a certain monkey who claims to be gentle, or genital....I forget which...and he told me that it made it back to Ottawa. I'm so shocked and impressed all at the same time that it made it back through the highways of Ontario via a few very kind people.

I'm very happy to hear that the kitcheroo celebration was a success. It's only natural that Ottawa needs something put together.

You should find a way to come to Ottawa for Sunday. It shall be a big night.

grin.gif" border="0

Archived