Jambands.ca

Grand Theft Bus Taping Tips...

aberg83

I think the sound guys name is Bruce, or Suzie (speaking of which, is hood coming tonight?). Also, as I mentioned before, make sure you know he's the owner of the bar and not just the sound guy. If you call him the sound guy without a reference to the fact that he owns the bar, he'll probably tape you to the ceiling. Jokes, he actually seems like a nice guy and is very concerned about "good sound" so might have some advice for ya. Actually, I like pablos idea of taping the mics to the band for the stage perpestive, it works better then having to climb up on the rough and hang down from the rafters.

Hey guys... given that last night was my first taping attempt EVER, the recording turned out VERY nicely. There are a few times when you can hear people talking, probably when that group was standing right by the mics, but the music is loud enough to overpower their voices, so it's not really annoying at all. The only problem with the whole recording is my miscalculation of the time left on the first disc, so about 15 seconds of the weight of circumstance jam is cut, but i'm going to work some magic with soundforge to splice them together with crossfades to attempt to make it sound seamless. I had a great time last night, and yeah.. Dave, too many drinks smile.gif" border="0 "Sweet home Alabama!!" Hahaha... I'll get to work on getting the show online today, and post when it's ready to go up. Talk to you all soon.

Hey guys... given that last night was my first taping attempt EVER, the recording turned out VERY nicely. There are a few times when you can hear people talking, probably when that group was standing right by the mics, but the music is loud enough to overpower their voices, so it's not really annoying at all. The only problem with the whole recording is my miscalculation of the time left on the first disc, so about 15 seconds of the weight of circumstance jam is cut, but i'm going to work some magic with soundforge to splice them together with crossfades to attempt to make it sound seamless. I had a great time last night, and yeah.. Dave, too many drinks smile.gif" border="0 "Sweet home Alabama!!" Hahaha... I'll get to work on getting the show online today, and post when it's ready to go up. Talk to you all soon.