Jambands.ca

The Theraputic Value of Re-organizing Cd's

scottieking

Here's a nifty tip if you're bored one night and need to get back in touch with your ever growing music collection. Take some time out and clean up and re-organize your CD's. If you're like me, you probably have more music than you know what to do with. So dive in and play! Here's what I found:

- you discover some old favorites

- you actually go back and listen to those "store bought" classics that have laid neglected for so long

- you stop for a few seconds and think about the futility of amassing such a large collection....and then go back to check if that Wilco show you're downloading is there yet

- you lose yourself in the glow that only a solid organizational job can give you

So don't delay. Get out there and give your discs the love they deserve. This public service announcement has been brought to you by....

scottieking

i need to get less lazy!

i currently have over 100 gigs of shn on my Hard Drive(s)!!!!

I find once i burn them, they get stored. Don't drive anymore. IF they are fresh on my computer, they get played. I have good home stereo system, but my computer speaker setup cost as much as the computer itself.

i've got a stack of 216 shn i got in a trade that i've hardly dipped into.

gota have 1500 + cd's hey scotty ever in the Hammer fell free to drop and give a hand it should take a bit. im in the middle of a move and i really got to see how many disc i own its fucking unreal there every were man i'll never get it together. i find stack of 50 here and 100 there that i have nno idea were the shows even came from????[Confused][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink]

YUP! im in the process of redoing my list and making it stored locally rather than on db.etree.org. I love what they have done but I feel at this point, ive invested too much time, money and enjoyment for the list to be lost! Im doing it a little bit at a time and figure when its all done it will have taken me a month or two [Eek!] IVe already found a bunch of new shows i forgot i even had AND have realized that i also have a MAJOR addiction [big Grin]

It is VERY theraputic though.

For anyone that cares, a killer application to clean up Microsoft generated html (Excel, Word, etc) is TIDY html. making my reorganization WAY better!!