Jambands.ca

Please go and see WAKING LIFE

shainhouse

Guest Low Roller

Yeah, I got to second that recommendation. That movie is perhaps one of the more imaginative and original movies I've seen in a long time.

The animation style is brilliant and the storyline touches on topics that I've never really consciously thought about.

It's kind of a "Is existance really real?" type of movie ala Truman Show, Dark City, Matrix, but from a dream state perspective.

Confused? Just see the damn movie.

Widescreen: original theatrical ratio image.

Pan & Scan: For the same height, a TV screen is narrower than a cinema screen. So instead of making the _width_ fit on the TV screen (widescreen), they make the _height_ fit and "choose" which part of the image, for each image, is shown on the screen. Sometimes, for a scene where the original camera doesn't move, they 'pan' the image so that you see it all - but that destroys the intent of the movie at times. Heck, I watch widescreen when I can, and I have a 13"...

quote:

Originally posted by dancingfool:

Sometimes, for a scene where the original camera doesn't move, they 'pan' the image so that you see it all - but that destroys the intent of the movie at times.

A ha!! I've seen this done on plenty of movies and I always wonder what the F is goin' on!! It looks terrible. Its really distracting. Down with pan and scan I say.

And up with Waking Life!