Jambands.ca

Fat Cats 1998-02-14 available

Esau

Just in time for valentines day.I know Rob (Montoana Haze) will be glad to see this one available.What a great show! Fatties were lighting the room up on this night.It was also my first date with my (now) ex girlfriend/fiancee,brings back some awesome memories thats for sure.I'm so glad to have the complete show now.

I used two different sources to get a complete show,I had just more then half the show but the CDRs were a bit screwed up,so I was lucky enough to find another source(analog AUD) also incomplete but thankfully what I was mssing this source had and vice versa.I did my best to splice the two,what made it tough was splicing it in the transition bewteen "Eyes>Breadbox",its not perfect but I feel its acceptable(the splice that is).The first 8 tracks have obvious crowd noise between songs,during the songs its not a problem,after that the sound improves even more.

For those interested I hope ya enjoy it.For your downloading and/or streaming pleasure...

Fat Cats

La Luna's

Hamilton,Ontario

Canada

1998-02-14

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=22241

Thanks for this one, Esau. I've got it on now, and what strikes me about it (and the other Fat Cats I've listened to in the past, though this is one that really made me realize this) is how positive the tunes are: listening to them makes me feel good, and really bolsters my spirit (and increases my productivity :)). I'm not sure the music is that "jammy", but that's an observation, not a criticism; instead, I'd characterize this music as straight-ahead rock'n'roll, and damn good rock'n'roll, at that.

Now if they'd just play Ottawa...

Aloha,

Brad

Right on Brad,I agree whole heartedly on the rock & roll thought,really glad you enjoyed it.Thanks.

I'll try and plant the idea (again) in their head when I see them next about heading to Ottawa.I'd love to have yet another excuse to make the journey up that way,although in all fairness,I really don't need an excuse to head your way,both times I have,I've done nothing but have one great time.

There's a technique you can use when you want something: you ask for a lot more than you want, figuring that the person you're asking will respond with less, which'll be what you want.

So here's what I want: a Canada Day show, in Ottawa, at Mavericks (or Cafe Dekcuf, if it's big enough), with the full squeak-squeak/bark-bark/meow-meow treatment: Harvard Mouse, Diesel Dog, and The Fat Cats. Am I shooting for the moon? Maybe, but a guy can hope, can't he?

Aloha,

Brad

Yippee!!!!!

Thanks Greg. This is a fantastic Fatty show. Terrific songs played with energy and passion. The Sunday>Fatman>Weary encore just crackles with energy. The extra percussion really adds to the mix. I also agree that songs of this era were more structured, but given the quality of the song writing and the energy this is not a bad thing. Well worth the download if you like the Fatcats.

Cheers

Cheers Rob,hope you enjoy it,I almost have that Harvesters show tracked and on CDR,it'll be in the mail to you on monday my friend

Mulvee:

Is that only happening with Fat Cats shows? I've never had a problem myself and I usually download each show after I upload to double check.I have seen the text files a bit screwy at times,usually doubling up with the last few lines in the file,not sure why and I have inquired at archive.

Hmmm,I'll pass along that issue to the person I talk to on archive,I know they have had some issues here and there with the contributions engine while transfering the shows to the final destination but haven't read about that problem yet or expirenced it myself.

Thanks,I'm glad it turned out and folks enjoy it.

Next up is :

Fat Cats

The Albion Hotel

Guelph,Ontario'

Canada

1997-02-01

Greg - Once again, thanks for all of your efforts getting the music of the Fatties out there for people to enjoy.

Your post about this show actually inspired me to spend some time last night clearing stuff off of my hard drive and finally installing the flac converter so that I could download and listen to this show. I'm going to download the show later this morning ... I did download d1t4 (shithawk) last night and it worked like a charm. Now I've just got to scrape the money together to buy a new computer (or maybe just a new BIG hard drive to start).

Oh yeah,another great thing about this show is the rare "Shithawk",I believe the name later changed to "Give it away".

I'm currently listening to this track right now ... this song brings back great memories for me ... it was always a treat to have Tyler sing one ... I never new that "Shithawk" was the original name of the song ... I've always known the song as I Give It Away.

I'd characterize this music as straight-ahead rock'n'roll, and damn good rock'n'roll, at that.

I agree wholeheartedly bradm ... the Fatties have written a whole slew of great songs over the years ... feel-good rock and roll ... catchy songs that get the body moving and the mind spinning ... sometimes they jam, and jam well, but what makes the Fatties such a great band in my opinion is the quality of their original material ... they have awesome songs!

A full-blown "meow bark squeak" show in Ottawa would be awesome ... hmmm ... it's tough to get those fat cats moving but I'll see what they say the next time I talk with them ... and I echo what Greg said about trips to Ottawa ... I've made the journey 3 times in total over the years for music shows and have had a great time on each journey. I look forward to the next time!

Peace, Mark