Jambands.ca

Need help from the East!

Kaidy Mae

Hello all! My sister and I are heading out to see the Stones in Moncton (Sept.3rd). It was kind of a hasty decision and we would love a little advice from those of you familiar with the area.

Are there any hostels or funky places to camp/party at while we're there? We're way too late to get a hotel, so we just figured we'd rough it for a couple of days. HI doesn't have much going on on the east coast, so any advice you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone! Perhaps I'll see some of you out there! :)

hey kaidy, when i went out there i found a site called monctonhotels, or something of the sort... a quick google search with those keywords will get it for ya... anyways, the place we stayed at was called something like Station Park, or Park something... i cant remember... it was nice, and like $60 for the nite or something like that... it was a 10 minute walk downtown to the venue one way, and a 10 minute walk to Dieppe the other way... not that i really know what that means, but it is what it is....

All the hotels in the area were booked weeks before the concert announcement. We're at the point where hotels in Saint John and Fredericton are offering room + shuttle to Moncton packages.

However, there are all sorts of make-shift campsites popping up around the Magnetic Hill area. I'll grab the paper classified ads and see what I can find for you.

I'm still fairly new to the area, not sure how much help I can be, but PM me Kaidy and I'll try to help you with anything I can.

i will send a map of new brunswick, your best bet is to take the plaster rock highway, from grand falls, then you take route 126 it will take you right to the spot instead of from fredericton way as that will bring you out by dieppe, the other end of moncton, there is a big field where you can set up tents and well supervised

Okay thanks dave-O. The map link wouldn't work anyway. If all works out we'll be cruising around in van luxury. ;) We're going to try to do as much touring around in the few days that we're out there, so I sure hope we can figure out the TransCan. :P

Are you going to Evolve?

Oh, we'll be flying out. The weeks of Evolve & the Stones are the busiest 2 for me at work. So sadly no time off for a road trip. :( I think we've given up on the hotel/camping idea and are just going to crash in the van for a few days.

So no Evolve eh? You sure? :P Kidding, of course. I couldn't think of any better reason to miss it. Congrats to the both of you! :D