Jambands.ca

Here's a few songs I just posted

localcrew

Thanks, I do dream of having a good band but sadly I am not a great organizer of humans and you know how musicians need to be herded like kittens.....just as you gather one up another scoots through your legs....another one runs out the door and gets run over by a car while another gets taken in by a nice old lady and de-clawed (perhaps what all musicians secretly hope for?)......

you know how musicians need to be herded like kittens.....just as you gather one up another scoots through your legs....another one runs out the door and gets run over by a car while another gets taken in by a nice old lady and de-clawed (perhaps what all musicians secretly hope for?)......

:D - ain't that the truth. Maybe it all begins with a communal litter and food bowl.

All recorded on my computer.

I have a midi pickup on my guitar to play keyboard-synth-sound effects (Roland Gk3 through a Roland GI-20) as well as a little keyboard (Creative Prodikeys which is a great value right now in town at PC Cyber [$40] as you can't find a small keyboard for less than $100 bucks anywhere that I could find-I don't use it much as I can't really play keyboard but I couldn't resist the price) and an electronic drum 'kit' (Yamaha DD-55c).

I started recording the songs merely as a means to see how they all progressed outside of my imagination-which worked because I would come up with bridges in some songs as well as find where the songs dragged or were too short (not likely with my Deadhead ways) etc.

Then I decided to work them up just enough to where I could use them as demos for other musicians to hopefully get interested enough to learn the songs and record them properly-to realizing that I may not get competent musicians interested enough and I may as well work them up some more because I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would-at least I can get the songs to a point where people might be able to enjoy them rather than have them languish away in my imagination forever.

...still with the hopes of doing something more 'professional' with them, but after more than ten years of fairly dedicated writing I feel it is a disservice to inspiration in general and the spirit of music to leave music merely on paper as it were...

Probably more info than you wanted but there it is.....