Jambands.ca

"Son of Roxy & Elsewhere" DVD from Zappa Plays Zappa

Kanada Kev

I'm still waiting for the original Roxy DVD that the Zappa trust fund promised us a few years ago.

Rumour has it that it is coming. This could be a nice little "teaser" prior to the release of the footage of Frank's.

Holy frickin' potatoes, they do Billy The Mountain? I need this, like, yesterday.

Yup, on the You Can't Fit That On Stage tour they did last fall they busted it out a few times. Once at one of the 2 gigs at the Mod Club here in Toronto :)

I've got a copy of their show in Chicago where they did it too. I can post it if you're interested.

I'm still waiting for the original Roxy DVD that the Zappa trust fund promised us a few years ago.

Rumour has it that it is coming. This could be a nice little "teaser" prior to the release of the footage of Frank's.

The trust fund keeps saying that but at this point it looks like it might be a couple more years away as they are complaining it is taking forever to sync up the audio and video properly.

Problem there is the people that are working on it are Dweezil and Joe Travers which are both members of ZPZ and when they are on the road nothing is getting done with new Frank Zappa releases.

I would rather have new Frank releases then his sons releases anyday of the week.

I hear ya. The ZFT has made many many comments over the years as to what they are working on and planning to release. It rarely comes to fruition, but we can always dream ;)

It's true, with them working on releasing ZPZ material it could be taking up time for release Zappa material :(

At least the music is being played on stage again. Too bad the ZFT tries to shut down anyone else trying to play it :(

If you want it:

dsc0764ne6.jpg

http://tr.im/xr2D

10-17-09

'Morse Theatre', Chicago, IL

Camarillo Brillo

Black Napkins

Tell me you love me

Dog breath

Billy the Mountain

Inca Roads

Flakes