Jambands.ca

Jakob Dylan (with Neko Case?!)

Northern Wish

I always thought this guy was a pretty good songwriter, but I still find this very surprising!

JAKOB DYLAN & THREE LEGS feat. Neko Case

Friday, April 16th

Higher Ground- Burlington VT

Jakob Dylan, the Grammy-winning singer/songwriter and frontman of The Wallflowers, will release his second solo album, "Women and Country," on Apr. 6. The album was produced by T Bone Burnett, who's helmed acclaimed albums by Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Tony Bennett & k.d. lang, Brandi Carlile and The Wallflowers, as well as the mega-successful soundtrack albums for "Crazy Heart," "Walk The Line" and " O Brother Where Art Thou?" The album features guest vocals from Neko Case and Kelly Hogan, and Burnett's s acclaimed group of backing musicians, including Marc Ribot (Tom Waits, Elvis Costello, John Zorn) on guitar, Keefus Ciancia (Cassandra Wilson) on keys, Dennis Crouch (Johnny Cash, John Mellencamp, Randy Travis) on bass, Jay Bellerose (Aimee Mann, Ani DiFranco, B.B. King) on drums, David Mansfield (Bob Dylan, Lucinda Williams, Sting) on fiddle & mandolin and Greg Leisz (Joni Mitchell, The Eagles, Sheryl Crow) on pedal steel.

The live show will feature Neko Case, Kelly Hogan, Paul Rigby, Jon Rauhouse, Tom Ray & Barry Mirochnick. more info

Looks interesting that's for sure. I like some of Jakob's music, I'm not a huge Wallflowers fan but I liked some of their stuff.

Cool to see Dave Mansfield making an appearance. The only stuff I have from him (aside from his work with Bob) is with the Alpha Band, which formed out of Bob's Rolling Thunder band. I never got into Hornsby's band when he played with em.

Hopefully, T-Bone kept his views on Christianity to himself and out of this production. loljb.gif