Jambands.ca

Sat. March 17 Funktion in the Junction: God Made Me Funky & Soul Motivators

Jay Funk Dawg

ST-PATS-FLYER.jpg

Fusion Events, NuFunk.ca & CIUT 89.5fm Present

Funktion in the Junction; St. Patrick's Day Bash!

feat. God Made Me Funky, The Soul Motivators

plus DJ Goldfinger (CIUT 89.5fm) & Splattermonkey (Shindig!)

a Benefit for the Make a Wish Foundation

Planet Storage - 1655 Dupont St.

VIP Reception 6 PM - 10 PM featuring Irish Band

Main Event 10 PM till late

Tickets are $25 and VIP Tickets $50

$2 Tallboys of Beer. ALL NIGHT!

Door prize:

All inclusive trip for two to the Caribbean!

Facebook Link: http://on.fb.me/AtEy3M

more info : www.planetstorage.ca www.nufunk.ca

$50 V.I.P. tickets gets you 2 free drink tickets, appetizers and an Irish band performance. Get them here: http://secure1.gettickets.ca/Redeem/Regular/Default.aspx?id=0b53d977-2209-4ccd-8ff2-c7c3f7daf599&locale=en-CA

About Make-A-Wish® Canada

Make-A-Wish Canada is a dynamic wish-granting organization that brings hope, strength and joy to children across Canada living with life-threatening medical conditions. Along with the national office, seven independent regional chapters grant magical wishes to children in need from coast-to-coast. Make-A-Wish® Canada is an affiliate of Make-A-Wish® International, the largest wish-granting organization in the world, making dreams and wishes come true for more than 280,000 children since 1980. To learn more please visit www.makeawish.ca.

GMMF.jpg

God Made Me Funky www.godmademefunky.com

`If you can't dance to God Made Me Funky, you can't dance.`

- ChartAttack.com

Toronto based God Made Me Funky (GMMF) is a live funk collective, comprised of a diverse array of musicians ranging from a classically trained Jazz artist to street schooled Hip-Hop and RnB vocalists. Formed in 1996, GMMF the band cut it’s teeth on the Canadian College circuit developing their own “nufunk†sound. Sharing the stage with such notable artists as Guru (GangStarr, Jazzmatazz), Afrika Bambatta, Julie McKnight, Bedouin Soundclash, and Divine Brown. They earned the their first Juno nomination for RnB/ Soul Recording of the Year. The first single "Won More Time" feat. Thrust, hit 1 on CBC's R-30 radio charts, and 60 on the national CHR (Contemporary Hit Radio) charts. The video received heavy rotation on MuchVibe,

20120211_soulmotivators282__w.jpg

Soul Motivators - www.soulmotivators.com

Finding the right groove means digging deep. With a love of vintage soul and funk, The Soul Motivators have mined their musicality to bring you a fresh revival of a retro sound. Featuring numerous veterans of Toronto’s thriving underground funk scene, The Soul Motivators are an 8 piece, 3 horn explosion, whose rough, tough & soulful funk with a hiphop flair that motivates people straight to the dancefloor. It’s that vintage Daptone vibe with a Toronto style all its own, inspired by current and classic funk innovators like The Budos Band, The New Mastersounds, El Michels Affair, Breakestra and Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings. For The Soul Motivators it’s all about keepin’ it real, keepin’ it right, and keepin’ it tight.

plus DJ Goldfinger (CIUT 89.5 fm) & DJ Splattermonkey (Shindig!)

more info:

nufunk_icon.gif

www.nufunk.ca