Jambands.ca

I'm taking a break... (from P0T)

PhishyK

quote:

Originally posted by Phishy K:

quote:

Originally posted by number 2:

I have a question... where did the saying cold turkey come from??

how the hell does it relate to quiting something spontaneously?
[Confused]

Excellent, excellent question. Anyone?

Let's talk turkey. Since "cold turkey" is normally used in the context of quitting an unhealthy habit, such as smoking, we had a hunch its origins had something to do with addiction.

Sure enough, a quick Yahoo! search on "cold turkey" + "origin" led us to an entry on IdiomSite. Here, we learned that the phrase describes the skin's reaction to heroin withdrawal. As an addict stops using the drug, blood is drawn toward the internal organs, thereby leaving the skin to resemble a cold, plucked turkey.

quote:

Originally posted by phartlauncher:

unfortunately my endeavour has already reached a seemingly insurmountable obstacle.... i can't find my jar of herb
[Confused][Frown][Roll Eyes]

i'm gonna run out of roaches pretty fast here, why don't you quitters mail me the rest of your stash to help me stay on track!?!!

Gawd damn, you ARE a freak aren't you?

Thanks so much for researching the term 'cold turkey' and discovering that truly vile and disturbing piece of information! I'm sure we're all better people for having learned about the origins of said term. Thanks Caro [big Grin] We owe you one. Sorry, my stash is cashed [Razz] You think I'd quit while I still had dope? hehehe

quote:

Originally posted by questcequecest?:

quote:

You think I'd quit while I still had dope

actually, i was wondering if this coincided with you running out of dope... looks like i might be quitting later this week [Frown]

whatcha doin thursday earthfreak?? [big Grin][big Grin]

"every time i plant a seed..."

lol - earthfreak, she is so kind. Befriend her and save!

i decided today im in for sure

april 1st - may 1st

now this may just be not smokin at school, or maybe just not through the week, or maybe entirely, im yet to decide.

i was gonna stop bye today caroline to see if wanted to smoke a j, but i couldn't remember which aprtment it is . . . i suppose you would have apreciated that as you can't find your jar. good luck in the search, let me know if you get desperate and i can come to your aid [big Grin]

if you need any orwellian mind fucking strategies to help you in your goal, i quit smoking about four weeks ago and didn't use any sort of method (ie. cutting down, zyban, gum) i just read a book called alan carr's easy way to quit smoking. i know this is not a permanent decision but it might help. all it really says is stop doing it and be happy about it. it goes in to detail about how to be happy about it, but really, it is not necessary to read the book. just be happy about your choice for whatever reason you feel like. just mind fuck yourself in to thinking you like it. i didn't mean my last post to sound harsh. i just don't understand your goal as i don't smoke pot, it makes me gag. it's kind of weird though, ever since i quit smoking, i absolutely love the smell of pot. i have liked it for a long time, but now it makes me want to have some. last saturday night i took one little baby toke and fell asleep sitting up in a chair in the middle of a group of people talking. i didn't wake up until ten thirty the next morning. by that time they got me up and in to bed and tucked me all in. i don't remember a thing. but i woke up feeling great! [smile]

Archived