Jambands.ca

Phish Live Releases - Effecting shows?

CyberHippie

I know we've discussed a little before whether the new live releases are effecting shows or not but here's a little more fodder for the cannon.

All 4 sets from the vegas shows suspiciously come in very close to 74 min, which is perfect for a 74min cdr. I found this a little strange, this is the first time I've ever come across Phish shows that fit so neatly on cd's. It blows my mind that BOTH sets are the same length (give or take a few seconds).

Thoughts on this?

I have shared my thoughts with you in person.

I believe Vegas was planned to be the flagship releases for Livephish downloads.

Some argued with me that they were planning on releasing these on CD - but remember, they can (and have) released official CD's over 74 minutes, so IMHO that argument does not hold bong water.

B

Phish cheesing it up the cheese?!?!?!

Man, i hope you're not onto something. To me, that seems like totally usurping the spirit of the shows. Who wants to go to Phish when all they're doing is seeing an album recorded. The live stuff is supposed to be in a league of its own, free of time barriers, track length guidelines, and anything else that makes it "fit" onto a CD. It saddens me to hear of your discovery, but I hope this was just some cheesy cheese coincidence. It smells like cheese in here. WHERE IS CHEESE AT BONNAROO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?

love from the cheese

Sure - Vegas sets fit on 1 disc each very nicely. How many other sets fit that way? I have most of the shows and they aren't all "perfectly planned" to fit on 2 discs nicely.

I have a TON of shows in my collection that fit well on 2 discs.

Keep these conspiracies coming though. I laugh my ass off when I read them. Hopefully you guys aren't being serious. If I was in Phish I would love to hear crazy things like this. It would make me hysterical!

Colin

im high, and i can still tell you that they are not playing 74 min to a tee each set each nite.

Your saying that they are timing themselves or someone else is timing them and saying oh my god your 74 minutes is almost up you better stop. MY opinion on this is that i HIGHLY doubt that they are doin this on purpose. IM with marco on this one

Archived