Jambands.ca

Ween to officialy release live show from Toronto 1996!!

zimmerman

Ya-Hoo,

Through their affiliated "chocodog" website, the almighty WEEN is gonna release a limited edition live cd for the x-mas holidays. The band claims it's one of "the" hottest shows from the 1996 "country" tour.

In 1996, Ween boldly went where no band has gone before by releasing a country-style album in order to deter fickle MTV fans, and just plainly make awesome country music that close-minded alterna-grunge band-wagon "I just wanna crowd-surf with my 12-hole cherry dock martin" kids just couldn't get.

Either way, the album "12 Golden Country Greats (despite there's only 10 tracks) turned out to be a real achievement for Dean and Gene Ween as songwriters and contributers as muscians with a kickass Nashville back up band known as the Shit Creek boys.

So to hear one of their finest shows performed on that tour, go to www.chocodog.com/ween and hit the news icon. You can pre-order the album now for a merely $12 US and receive it before the happy holidays.

Or you can be cheap and burn it. HO HO HO

your pal al grin.gif" border="0

oh yeah, did I mention the show's from Toronto live at the Phoenix! The band claims it was their best show of the tour (and that there were no tappers present).

I found this a bit humorous in their audio files archive...

--------------------------------------------

4-Track Version of "12 Golden Country Greats

For those of you who were wondering what this record sounded like before it went to Nashville, here's the uncontaminated version. This tape was sent to Charlie McCoy and he subsequently wrote the arrangements for the record based on this music. those of you who hate this record, you can suck my dick. instruments by Gene and Dean