Jambands.ca

Ween and Tenacious D

gentlemonkey

Check out this tale from the Ween tour diaries..

Aug 24 - Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Denver, CO with Galactic and Tenacious D.

Red Rocks is the nicest venue we've ever played, and maybe the nicest venue in the world. We played there two nights in a row opening up for Big Head Todd and the Monsters back in 1994, but we were headlining this show, and Tenacious D were on the bill so this was a really special night for us. I don't get nervous before gigs very often anymore, but we were definitely amped and anxious for this one. We had no idea how many people would show up (it holds like 10,000) so i was kinda worried that it would be empty. As it turns out, like 8,000 people showed up, and it was a classic night. Tenacious D lived up to their promise of turning the place into "red rubble" and kicked all sorts of ass. If you haven't checked these guys out yet you don't know what you're missing. We got to play a full 2 hours, which was great. I felt like I was in Pink Floyd playing at Pompeii or something. Hung out afterwards and spent the rest of the night getting fucked up with "The D", doing lines of blow off of some fat girl's ass. Classic. We talked about doing more shows together, so hopefully it'll happen.

rock stars. grin.gif" border="0