Jambands.ca

Hey Beatles fans...check this out...

Hux

New footage reveals '94 Beatles reunion

Published March 12, 2003

NEW YORK -- The rumors were true.

In 1994, the remaining Beatles, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr, reunited for a recording session that never saw the light of day--until Tuesday.

Footage of the trio performing the five songs--"Baby What You Want Me to

Do," "Raunchy," "Thinking of Linking," "Blue Moon of Kentucky" and "Ain't She Sweet"-- premiered Tuesday at the New York Library for the Performing Arts at a news conference to announce plans for the release of The Beatles' "Anthology" DVD box set.

Apple Corps Ltd., which handles The Beatles' business affairs, said there are no plans to release the songs as an album.

I also read that the haul of more than 500 origional Beatles tapes, stolen back in the 1970's and recovered by the police in an anti-bootleg operation in January, is likely to lead to further volumes in the Beatles Anthology series. EMI is already discussing what to do with the tapes, and Sir Paul McCartney is said to be strongly in favour of their release. The material comes from the so-called "Get Back" sessions from 1969, for an album that was eventually shelved in favour of Let it Be. Unheard tracks include "I'll Wait 'Till Tomorrow" and "Won't You Please Say Goodbye".

The haul also includes cover versions of Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly classics, early versions of songs that appeared on Let it Be and a number called "No Pakistanis", which lampoons Enoch Powell's anti-immigration policies.

Archived