Jambands.ca

The Grateful Dead - Really? 08-27-02? Veneta?

Booche

From www.intrepidtrips.com

Ken Babbs:

This being 2002, the year for the 4th Decadenal Field Trip, the only way the Springfield Creamery would do it would be if the Grateful Dead would play.

Well, that is certainly a possiblility since they are tentatively scheduled to play together this summer. So howsabout August 24th? Yeah, that might work.

I told Bob I'd already talked to Bill Kreutzman and he was up for it. Phil is on a trip and won't be back until next week so I'll talk to him then.

If all went according to plan, Rat Dog, Phil and Friends and Trichome would all play and afterwards the Grateful Dead would close the show.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, my take on it is that Vince would play too, and Warren would take Jerry's spot. I wont travel to see that but you can guarantee, I will get those tapes. It would be really interesting to listen to if nothing else. The field trip he is talking about is that it has been 30 years this year since 08-27-72. They would host the show in Veneta as well. I wouldnt discount this rumour yet.