Jambands.ca

Good Mood Thanks You

Ric Pilot

Hi Everyone,

My name is Chris. I'm the bass player for Good Mood (yes, the band's offical name is Good Mood). I just wanted to thank the people that made it out on Friday. I would especially like to thank all of the people that were dancing, starting in the middle of the first set. It was a treat to have such an energetic crowd on our first night out!

Our band is very newly formed, and was not expecting to perform until July 12, at the Elbow Room (Elgin St., Ottawa). We somehow managed to assemble an entire night's material in the four days leading up to the show. Despite the short notice, I feel the show went very well, and everyone seemed to have a great time. Next time you see us, we will be a far more polished act.

Cheers,

Chris

Friday, June 7, 2002 - The Bayou, Ottawa

Set 1:

Gumbo,

Farmhouse ->

No Woman, No Cry ->

Walk on the Wildside,

Franklin's Tower,

Hey Joe ->

Character 0 ->

Down By The River ->

For What It's Worth,

Twist,

Bug,

Fire

Set 2:

Acoustic Jam (several DMB tunes),

Grant's Guest Appearance,

Set 3:

Evil Ways,

The Deal,

First Tube,

Possum ->

Not Fade Away ->

Possum,

Along the Watchtower

Good Mood is:

Jason Pottie - Lead Guitar, Vocals

Jules Goosney - Guitar, Vocals

Glen Whelan - Drums

Chris Rouffer - Bass

Jason Keats - Slide and Lead Guitar, Vocals (absent on Friday)

there's absolutely nothing wrong with covers but what do you guys sound like. like when you're playing your own tunes/jams??

i have no clue what to make of such an array of great tunes and cool instruments that it'd help for you to help me visualize/auralize your concept. i don't mean define i mean describe, dude.

i'm happy ottawa's finally getting interesting.

And Nugget Productions thanks Good Moon err..... Good Mood, Good Mood, Good Mood.... sorry about that... my bad.... nuggs!

I totally appreciate you guys playing that gig on such short notice and bringing out such a big crowd..... and girls too.... not a sausage fest.... DMB = chicks... pretty easy math.

I'm sure the Bayou thanks you to, otherwise that would have been one empty room. Of course they probably don't thank you enough to give you a free beer or anything like that.... cheap fuckers!

I had a lot of fun, thanks guys

Well, you seem to have Jules pinned. But hey, with a voice like that, he deserves the right to prowl...

As for a description of the band... Well, as I mentioned before, we're new, and still figuring each other out. However, at a practice last week we were grooving on something that started as first tube (40 minutes earlier). I had my eyes closed, and was transported somewhere really far away. The jam was hypnotizing and breathtaking! I felt like I was at one of the hottest shows I've ever been to, except I was part of the music. These guitar players have been playing together for years, and have really figured out how to jam together. Add in a good drummer and bassist, and these guys can really rock! If I seem like I'm bragging, then give us a bit of time, and check it out. We're playing the Elbow soon, and should be much tighter on the vocals and songs by then, which will make it much better for jamming. Friday was mainly spent trying to pull off the songs we threw together.

Cheers,

Chris