Jambands.ca

BNB in Peterborough Thursday

DevO

Anyone comin' out for this? Its Jeremy's (bassist) birthday party as well. Should be a fun night, though I'll be taking it easy due to tons of school work. Hopefully a bunch of people can come -- I know lots are staying in though (also due to tons of school work), or are checking out that dance for peace show at the Gordon Best.

I was worried that people weren't going to show up to this gig for a number of reasons:

- the Give Peace A Dance gig going on at Market Hall (with Dub Trinity, Getuplicans, some dude from Moxy Fruvous, and more local musicians)

- Sarah Slean at Gordon Best

- A popular local singer named DREA was having her cd release show at the Red Dog

- A decent jazz band playing at the Saphire Room

- Everyone freaking out with stress over essays and assignments at the moment

- The completely lame posters for this show, advertising it as "proud to be a hippy night".. I mean, give me a break. What about all the live music fans who don't really wish to be labelled as a "hippy" aka - a LOT of people. More than a few people who I talked to earlier yesterday who were not going made some kind of comment about this poster or "ohh, you're going to hippy night, har har".

Anyhoo, I'm glad I went, as it turned out to be a pretty fun night at The Trash. I hadn't had that much fun at the Trash since Rheostatics I don't think. Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances [Roll Eyes] the "man" made me leave the bar at setbreak. Boo urns.

The 2nd song they played was Down With The Sound. They also had Watching Tv... in the first set, and they closed it off with Chevron (??.. the "i'm goin' up up up" one). And I know they opened 2nd set with Bellbottoms. It was Jeremy's birthday and the boys were lookin for a good time! They sounded really good. Crowd size was about the same as for The New Deal - maybe around 80.

hey im glad to hear it was a good show. hopefully next time they come through it'll be all ages. i went to the sarah slean show at the best. it was incredible. i realy think i am madly in love with her. a few of my freinds checked out the give peace a dance show. i hear the getuplicans, though they ddin't play for long, were WICKED. played maceo's pass the peas, but retitled it 'pass the peace'. we were originally supposed to play at this show also, but i wasnt about to miss a sarah slean concert.

Archived