Jambands.ca

Question of the Day

Ms.Huxtable

Schwa, that reminds me of another border episode!

We were crossing to the States at the Thousand Islands area border last April to see a bunch of shows down in North/South Carolina. (Saw some great SCI, STS9 and Granola Funk shows). Our story was that we were heading down south to go camping. The border patrol was a major DICK from the beginning. He was an old, grumpy man who was very suspicious and had a bad attitude.

Says he, "Are you carrying any drugs?"

Says us, "No".

"Any marijuana?"

"No"

"Do you ever smoke marijuana?"

"No"

"Ever tasssted it?"

"No"

"Ever seeen it?"

"Uhh, no"

He went on like this for a few more questions before finally, reluctantly letting us pass. Bastardo! [Roll Eyes][big Grin]

Well altough I had a lot of trouble crossing into the U.S during the eighties for Dead tour,the worst time I ever had was when I needed to go to Lockport N.Y for some medical treatments.I was with my mother at the time(probally was 26 or 27) could't drive myself,my mother who is a secretary for the fedral parole board figured we wouldn't have a problem,but alas she was wrong.It all started when she showed the guy her id,he then looked at me in a tye dye and shorts,all my tattoos(which is alot)shoeing and asked if I was in custody! At that point my mom tries to reason with this redneck,but to no avail,he drags us inside,hulls up my record.Which is not much at all a couple of N.C.A's and a C.C.W.But more then enough to get them going.Needless to say even with all to OHIP papares,Blue cross,letters from both the Hamilton cancer clinic and Lockports,they still thought something was up!I"M WITH MY MOM FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!They wanted me to get a copy of my police record,two copys of prints ,one for them,one for the FBI,a letter from the RCMP and God knows what else they wanted,but after a good hour and a half,one strip search(ME)and one major invasion of my privacy,they "Gave us the benefit of the doubt" and let us go,not before making sure we were really late for the treatments!!!

That would have to be the worst expirence to date for me,imagine having to to your Mom about the times you'd been arrested on the spot!Man it really was awful.