Jambands.ca

nero in Wakefield

Ms.Huxtable

Well we managed to check out nero at the Black Sheep Inn last night. What fun! First of all the drive up was beautiful. We hit a few Tim Hortons and snooted up the Iced Cappuccinos (yum yum) and arrived good and toasty. The Black Sheep is one sweet venue pholks. It overlooks a lake, has a sweet patio and lots of room both on and off the stage. Phriendly staff and good draft beer (a bit expensive, but tasty).

nero took the stage fairly early and had most of us dancing and boogy-woogying from the get-go. I must have heard El Vezz so many times, but last night it mesmorized me. Very tight and very cool. I definitely bonded with that song last night. LEMON DUST IS THE SHIT!!!!

Some cool people party in Wakefield. Gatineau Joe, if you are reading this you are a kind soul, thanks for offering to have us stay with you, and BOY do you have a good memory if you remembered this site name.

Great to see you all again.

Considering all that went on the night/morning before, I was amazed at the turnout and the chipperness level.

The last time I went to the Black Sheep, it was winter, night, and dark; I could get a feel for how beautiful it was, but not the full effect. It's gorgeous up there.

The room has a great feel, cheap quarts*, Quebec draft beer (which wasn't that expensive, I thought), and a good sound system.

Nero was solid. The Lemondust was awesome, 401 seared my eyeballs, I think there was a Dr. Who in there somewhere, and the rest I can't remember.

It was also a pretty early night; 9:30pm starts are, I think, the way to go: you can have more fun than with a 10:30pm start, and still get home at a reasonable hour.

Special thanks and major Karma Points to doubleB for the ride, and to Velvet for offering a ride (which I couldn't take advantage of, due to logistical conflicts).

Aloha,

Brad

* Thanks to Stapes for correcting my drinking etiquette: "You're in rural Quebec, now. You have to drink out of the bottle." My next quart (a Cinquante, n'est pas?), I got on board.