Jambands.ca

Sad news on the Dr.Didg front!

Jimi Didg

This is an email I recieved earlier this evening!

Sadly, after all the wonderful work you have done spreading the word about us up there, I have to tell you that I am taking an indefinite hiatus from touring after February. It has been pretty tough making a living on the road, and the economy is making it worse, so I am starting a full time job, getting back into physics research. I will be working at Massachusetts General Hospital / Harvard Medical School doing research into MRI and functional brain imaging. I wish we could have made it up your way, but things just haven't been working out in the music business.

Graham Wiggins

Dr. Didg

[Frown][Frown][Frown]

Man!!!!!!!!! That's a sad state of affairs, when someone of the the caliber that is Dr. Didg can't make a living in the biz..??!?!?!

We in the west are all terribly saddened.. [Frown][Frown][Frown] ..we had many a huge dance party, packed with hopped-up, sparkled-up, glowied-up, dancing fools all grooving to Graham's sweet tunes!

It's nice to have physics research to fall back on as a second gig though?!?! (as opposed to dishwashing)

Jimi Didg, what are you all about....? Do you do dabble in "live sampling" as well? are you here to pick up the torch and run with it? [Wink]

I do have a loop station and some effects and there was a time that I wanted to put a little somethin' somethin' together. I didn't want to be the guy that saw someone else's good idea and look like a fool trying to have a good time with it!

However, there seems to be an open market now! So I may just do something about it!!!

That still sucks ass about DR. DIDG! I was helping with their tour to Southern Ontario and they were going to play at SOMEPLACE ELSE! Oh well! Not that I will ever be able to fill thoes shoes, but maybe I will pick up that tourch!

I remember freaking at the concept of live sampling when I first heard Didg, but now it seams to be old hat....everyone and his dog is using loops and the like nowadays.....

Keller has it licked (he uses a JamMan I think) but even Trey has been using the loops for some time....ALOT of peeps have that Line 6 delay modeller now (which has a 14 second loop - great for "jamsterbation")

Jimi Didg, GO FOR IT!!! It's not like you are stealing the concept from Graham, you are merely "sampling" it...... [Wink]