Jambands.ca

Booted from Bowie

Large Marge

I saw this guy pull a major O.J. last night, trying to evade the ACC toy-cops. He almost got away at section 119, but went down on the stairs and twisted his ankle. He looked so familiar to me; I was dying to say "Oh! Johnny, you found us" and give him refuge in an empty seat, but alas, he was given the untimely BOOT, before I could react. So who was this crazy guy? Any Cavern-dwellers have anything they would like to confess?

ACC security have got to go!!! It's gotta be a pretty amazing show for me to even consider going to that place because of the security bullshit. Where does it say that you're not allowed to dance at a show. I know several people that have been kicked out of that place for dancing...and one of them spent the night in the Don jail (security claiming my friend punched him). The only saving grace is that it's so easy to get back in if you do get kicked out ;)

Case #1, Neil Greendale, second show:

The show starts and I decide to spart up my Greendale fatty, a double paper, 2 gram of weed and just under a gram of hash, doobie. Well, this thing starts creaming, like major creaming...The person behind me decides to get security...Well first security guard says he can't do anything, but ask his boss. Well the boss offers to relocate THEM, but they declined. Let me finish my doobie.

Case #2, Rod Steward, ACC

I take my mom for her 20 somethingth Rod Stewart show. We have kickass floor seats. I bring my digital camera, hoping to get some fine pix. A coupla songs in, security shines the flashlight and says they want my camera. I play dumb, staying in my seat. Well this determined security dude actually starts walking INTO my row, right up to me. By this point i've taken the memory card out, and given it to my mom. He asks for my camera, saying there is a no camera polity. I claim everyone else around me is taking pictures, as their flash's are going on none stop. Well, i refuse to give him my cam, so he takes me to his boss. THe boss asks if i have len's that attach to the camera, or if i use video mode. I said no to both, he told the security guard, and I quote, "leave the poor kid alone, he's just trying to take some pictures...". I thank him, and walk back to my seat, and take pictures for the rest of the show.

Case #3 Dave Bowie

Show starts, spark up another fattie...kinda a strange crowd for smoking a spliff, but hey, whats the worst that can happen? Well, just as i'm hitting roach, i got two security flashlights on me, one from each side...I was pretty much fucked. Well i dropped the roach, put my hands up, showing i had nothing in my hands, and they just turned off the flashlights and walked away...No problem taking the pics, obviously.

I personally love ACC. THe sound is fantastic, best out of any arena i've ever been too. Maybe i've just been lucky.

Hey ST - I definitely prefer your experiences to the ones I'm familiar with. The quote I heard about Thursday's Bowie show was that security were like "Nazis". And, as for the sound, first time CSNY came around I called "Carry On" as the opener, but the distortion was so bad at the beginning of the show, it was unrecognizable. Luckily, it did improve as the show progressed. I sat through the entire first set, and when finally they pulled out "Wooden Ships" near the end of the show, I could no longer contain myself. I got up to dance and all the "old folks" behind me yelled at me to sit down, so I tried to get to the area where it appeared the majority of folks were standing and ended up chased around by security through the entire song.

Anyway, perhaps one of these days I'll have a good experience there and my viewpoint will change, but, in the meantime, I'm hoping my friend goes forward with his much talked about class-action suit against ACC security.

BTW, I did enjoy Greendale from the 4th row, but once again one of my friends got the boot.

Okay, gotta get my ass in gear, over to the Slammin' Jack show - what the hell am I still doing here?