Jambands.ca

All Good Music Festival

bONES

well, i know everyone but me will be at the CTF this same weekend, but...

the 7th AllGoodFest is happening in the mountains of West Virginia and this is what i found on their website, thought i'd share:

bands:

Galactic

Gov't Mule

Dark Star Orchestra

Karl Denson's Tiny Universe

Keller Williams

Leftover Salmon

North Mississippi Allstars

Big Mountain

The Recipe

Jazz Mandolin Project

All Mighty Senators

Umphrey's McGee

Acoustic Syndicate

Mofro

Liz Berlin and Jenn Wertz of Rusted Root

Carbon Leaf

Seth Yacovone Band

Reid Genauer & the Assembly of Dust

The Slip

Hobex

Popular Grateful Dead Tribute Act Stuns Deadheads Nationwide

CHICAGO, IL (February 3, 2003) -- Dark Star Orchestra brings their critically-acclaimed live performance to the 7th Annual Allgood Festival Thursday, May 15. The band recreates historic Grateful Dead set lists with compelling accuracy and has recently drawn nationwide attention.

Each night, the Chicago-based band decides on performing one show from the 2,500 that the Grateful Dead performed during their 30 year tenure as fathers of improvisational rock. Dark Star Orchestra presents the complete original set list, song by song, and in order, with uncanny faithful interpretation.

Dark Star Orchestra has their craft so well-refined that even members of the Dead themselves, rhythm guitarist/singer Bob Weir, drummer Bill Kreutzmann, and keyboardist Vince Welnick, have appeared on stage and performed with these live music interpreters. Rolling Stone magazine recently praised “Dark Star Orchestra’s fanatical attention to detail.”

Precision is king with this group, who position the stage plot based on the year of Grateful Dead show they are performing. Dark Star Orchestra adapts their phrasing, voice arrangements, and even arranges specific musical equipment for the various eras in which they perform. Adjusting personnel to suit their nightly choice, the evening may include a Donna Godchaux vocalist, a Brent Mydland keyboard appearance, or incorporate a drum platform known as “The Beast”.

At the end of every performance, the band announces the date and venue where the original show just covered took place. Dark Star Orchestra dips into every incarnation of the Dead, so most fans can “see” shows that happened long before they were born.

“What we offer is sort of a historical perspective at what it might have been like to go to a show in 1985, 1978 or whenever,” says keyboardist Scott Larned. “Even for Deadheads who can say they've been to a hundred shows in the 90's we offer something they never got to see live.”

Dark Star Orchestra will be channeling the Grateful Dead during their performance opening the festivities at the All Good Festival.

Archived