Jambands.ca

Show: Deep Purple/Joe Satriani/Thin Lizzy

\/\/illy

Classic Rock Q107 presents:

[color:"purple"]DEEP PURPLE with Joe Satriani and Thin Lizzy

part of the Q107 Classic Rock Summer Concert Series

The Molson Amphitheatre

Saturday August 21st, 6:30p

Tickets are $49.50, $29.50 (plus service charges) and available through ticketmaster this Saturday (May 15th) at noon!

They gave me a password for advaced purchases but I didn't need to enter it to buy tickets.

we were commenting on the guitar driven sound they have, how they really dont sound like a jamband (A GOOD THING), and timmy commented on them being a great band to open for Joe Satriani. We figured the hard guitar lovin' fans would totally dig nero, maybe moreso then the fluffy hippies.

It's so true Steve, Nero would fit this bill better than any moe.down festival or anything similar to that. Any of you Nero fans out there should make sure to check out Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, etc. Or if you're really lucky you should head up to a G3 show.

Does anyboby know if Deep Purple will still be doing all of 'Machine Head' during this summer tour as they did during the winter tour?

Does anyboby know if Deep Purple will still be doing all of 'Machine Head' during this summer tour as they did during the winter tour?

I was wondering the same thing. I was also curious about whether Joe Satriani would be playing with them. I believe that he was part of Deep Purple's line-up from December 1993 until July 1994 wasn't he? Can you imagine Joe Satriani AND Steve Morse both playing in Deep Purple? Wow.

Deep Purple ain't Deep Purple without Richie Blackmore. He's as important to their sound as Jimmy Page is to Zeppelin. I like The Dixie Dregs' Steve Morse, but Deep Purple needs Blackmore to be legit to me.

Phil Lynott WAS Thin Lizzy's heart and soul. For Gary Moore etc... to tour under the Thin Lizzy name is far more offensive than Roger and Pete calling themselves " The Who ".

Well, i'll tell ya: What they is, is a band with Steve Morse in it. I can still appreciate a band of yesteryear whether or not they are comprised of the original members. I appreciate the other members enough to enjoy what they can present musically. I saw Deep Purple on their winter tour and as I'm sure Fretman will attest to, they were excellent. Whether or not Richie Blackmore was on the axe did not disatract me from the pure musical enjoyment that I experienced that night. If you let that keep you away, you're only cheating yourself.

Love and peace!

Actually, I guess a better comparison would be Pink Floyd without Roger Waters ain't Pink Floyd. I won't see a Waters-less Floyd and the same can be said about Richie Blackmore-less Deep Purple. Actually, when Ian Gilliam was not in Deep Purple for parts of the last 15 years, Deep Purple ceased to be Deep Purple for me. He's as irreplaceable to their sound and legitamacy as is Blackmore.

Some bands can get away with replacing founding members and still produce important music ( AC/DC, Santana, The Stones, Van Halen, The Clash, The Ramones, The Allman Brothers and The Grateful Dead ), but Deep Purple and Pink Floyd just can't do it for me.

I'm glad you liked the show Willy and I probably would have liked it too ( if I was there ). I probably would have gone to see Morse over anyone else.