Patrick Marleau, San Jose Sharks

Brenden Morrow, Dallas Stars

Brad Richards, Tampa Bay Lightning

Joe Sakic, Colorado Avalanche

Ryan Smyth, Edmonton Oilers

Martin St. Louis, Tampa Bay Lightning

Joe Thornton, Boston Bruins

Steve Yzerman, Detroit Red Wings

It's a good roster, although Keith Primeau should be on the team.

Simon Gagne's career has been in a tail-spin since the last Olympics and he should not be on this team. He's also been invisible for most of this year's playoffs. I'd put Bertuzzi ( pending his off-season legal problems ), Daniel Briere, Vincent Lecavalier or Rick Nash in his place.

McCabe played his way off this team with two bad games against Philly in the playoffs.

The defense on a whole looks fucking imposing.

Where is Theodore? I think putting Luongo on this team is a serious mistake. Overall, seems disappointing up front. The grittiness added by draper maltby and morrow is good in the playoffs, but internationally, experience is more important. The likes of primeau and shanahan would have given them the toughness they needed, along with the leadership. Why Kariya isn't on the team, remains to be seen. I think Gretzky relied far too heavily on this year's playoff performers to choose this team, instead of those that have consistently proven themselves. Regehr is a purely impulsive move, but as a 7th or 8th defenseman, it doesnt make much of a difference anyway. Selecting Richards over Lecavalier makes little sense to me, and I echoe the sentiments of not selecting gagne. He adds speed, and that's it, but you can get that from almost anyone these days. Kariya is just as quick, and adds more skill. Bert should be playing too. He is a tough motherfucker who's presence will be missed.

Wayne should've stuck with a more Olympic like roster. But we'll see how the team does.

Let's keep in mind that this tournament is being played on North American sized ice. That's why Maltby and Draper are on the team, not to mention they'll be killing penalties together. As for Primeau, he was a complete embarrassment in Nagano. Mind you, he's come a long way in 6 years and looks dominant right now. The Bertuzzi omission is a weak political sit-on-the-fence by Gretz. But I think Shane Doan will pleasantly surprise anyone thinking that this team doesn't have grit.