Jambands.ca

The Meat Roll

briguy

At the Come Together Fest Diesel Doug gave me a copy of Diesel Dog live at Pepper Jacks 04-17-04. I've listened to it a bunch of times this week and every time I hear it I can't help myself ... I start smilin' and dancin' and groovin' throughout my house. I'm also diggin' The Meat Roll and still can't get enough of Dirt Road ... really into that song these days.

I've said it a bunch of times but will say it again ... Diesel Dog is an excellent band ... solid songs with infectious grooves ... one of my favourite bands, that's for sure. I'm really looking forward to hearing them on a big stage when they open for Little Feat.

Peace, Mark

Doug told me they took the name of the song from an actual thing people do in Brantford, rolling for meat!

The song certainly does smoke though doesn't it?

That's so funny...I was just about to ask if anyone knew how they came about the name. Interesting. What is rolling for meat???

In Brantford they use baloney to roll their blunts....all that tabacco in Simcoe county has them saturated and they can't get a buzz off it anymore...baloney's the only thing that'll do it.

Note to self: register "The Baloney Blunts" as the name of a to-be-formed band... (With "The Only Thing That'll Do It" as the band's theme song...)

Aloha,

Brad