Jambands.ca

The Von Bondies @Cafe Campus

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

This ain't yo daddy's punk music.

If you happen to be in the Montréal area, go see the Von Bondies tonight! I recently purchased their CD on a recommendation by music guru Jaimoe, and I was blown away by the tighness and energy of this band. Some songs sound like Nirvana, other sound like The Breeders, and there's also a Sonic Youth element in there. Apparently The Pixies are close as well, but I haven't had the opportunity to compare the two yet.

They played last night in Toronto, and I wish I remembered to post a reminder about that yesterday. I know Jaimoe planned on going, so maybe he can give you the lowdown from last night's show.

It can't be all hippies and jambanding all the time. Mix it up a bit. Go to the show!

I didn't go to the show and I will regret it for years to come. I blew my budget at the MMJ show and following weekend.

To me, the Von Bondies's sound has elements of all these bands: The MC5, Stooges and contemporary Detroit garage-rock, with a heavy dash of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. A great band and highly recommended.

Guest Low Roller

Shit. If I wasn't playing soccer tonight, I wouldn't even hesitate to drive to Montréal for one night...

Well, the Von Bondies will play Lollapalooza this summer, so odds are I'll see them then.