Jambands.ca

The Spades with guests in TO Sunday

snarfmaster C

did i mention the spades rock?

from their website:

The Spades will be playing every sunday at the 360 in Toronto. It is called the Queen Street Music Revue. Every week there will be featured special guests. It starts this sunday June 6th. Steve Ketchen will be the guest with James Gray of Blue Rodeo on Keys and a cast of many other stelar musicians. Thanks to all the fans for spreading the word. The 360 is at 326 Queen St West half a block east of Spadina. Shows start at 8pm and is over by 11. It is an early night for every one that has to work early monday.

queenposternew.jpg

The Spades are AWESOME, I highly recommend that everyone in the Toronto area drive to see these guys on one of these Sundays. They play at the MoHo in Peterborough every Friday night and I've been checking them out somewhat addictively for the past month or two. Straight ahead rock and roll trio, great soaring guitar and a tight rhythm section, and all three of them are very animated and great to see on stage.

Besides Toronto and Ptbo, there are upcoming dates in Ottawa, Kingston, Cambridge, Campbellford and 1000 ISlands.. click here for tourdates.

the Spades are a great band. distance and work keep me from the Toronto shows, but I'll be lining up in Kingston to catch them with Matt Mays. if anyone needs a rock and roll antidote for the whining on the radio, I strongly recommend you wander over to the 360 tonight.