Jambands.ca

The Bob Dylan show - tour dates

Esau

Columbia Recording artist Bob Dylan will take "The Bob Dylan Show" on a 22-date concert tour of U.S. Minor League baseball parks beginning August 6, in Cooperstown, New York, the home of Baseball's Hall Of Fame. Joining Bob Dylan on the tour are Willie Nelson and Family and

The Hot Club Of Cowtown.

Tickets for "The Bob Dylan Show" go on sale this Saturday, June 26 for the first 13 dates at all local ticket outlets and www.Ticketmaster.com. Tickets for the remaining dates will go on sale Saturday, July 10, in the same manner. All tickets are general admission. Kids under 12 will be admitted free with an adult ticket holder. See bobdylan.com's Live and In Person! page at bobdylan.com/live for dates, venues and ticket information.

According to Jerry Mickelson of Jam Productions, the concert promotion company who conceived of the idea for the tour and is presenting many of its shows, "Bob Dylan has always brought his music to people wherever they are -- in big cities or in small towns, in big arenas or in small clubs, and everywhere in between -- ­and this tour fits right in with that approach. Having produced several of Bob Dylan's concerts in these types of venues over the years, we found that the special atmosphere of a ballpark adds a unique element to his already great shows. A complete tour of these ballparks will have fans experiencing a great summer tour." As Bob Dylan said, "What we aim to do with this tour is hit the ball out of the park, touch all the bases and get home safely."

While Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson have performed at shows together over the years, "The Bob Dylan show" marks the first time the two hugely popular and acclaimed artists, songwriters and performers will be touring together. The Hot Club Of Cowtown hails from Austin, TX and performs its unique brand of Western-Swing influenced music throughout the country and many parts of the world.

8/6 Fri Cooperstown, NY Doubleday Field 6/26 10am Ticketmaster

8/7 Sat West Haven, CT Yale Field 6/26 10am Ticketmaster

8/8 Sun Brockton, MA Campanelli Stadium 6/26 10am Ticketmaster

8/10 Tue Wappinger Falls, NY Dutchess Stadium 6/26 10am Ticketmaster

8/11 Wed Altoona, PA Blair County Ballpark 6/26 10am Ticketmaster

8/12 Thu Aberdeen, MD Ripken Stadium 6/26 10am Ticketmaster

8/14 Sat Salisbury, MD Arthur W Perdue Stadium 6/26 10am 877-639-3728

8/15 Sun Richmond, VA The Diamond 6/26 10am Ticketmaster

8/17 Tue Charleston, SC Joseph P Riley JR Park 6/26 10am Ticketmaster

8/18 Wed Sevierville, TN Smokies Stadium 7/10 10am 877-995-9961

8/20 Fri Jackson, TN Pringles Park 7/10 10am Ticketmaster

8/21 Sat Lexington, KY Applebee's Park 7/10 10am Ticketmaster

8/22 Sun South Bend, IN Coveleski Stadium 6/26 10am Ticketmaster

8/24 Tue Comstock Park, MI Fifth-Third Ballpark 6/26 10am Ticketmaster

8/25 Wed Peoria, IL O'Brien Field 7/10 10am Ticketmaster

8/27 Fri Madison, WI Warner Park 6/26 10am Ticketmaster

8/28 Sat Des Moines, IA Sec Taylor Stadium 6/26 10am Ticketmaster

8/29 Sun Sioux City, IA Lewis & Clark Park 7/10 10am Ticketmaster

8/31 Tue Lincoln, NE Haymarket Park 7/10 10am Ticketmaster

9/1 Wed Wichita, KS Lawrence -Dumont Stadium 7/10 10am TBA

9/3 Fri Oklahoma City, OK SBC Bricktown Ballpark 7/10 10am TBA

9/4 Sat Kansas City, KS Community America Ballpark

------------------------------------------------------------

Dam border laws... doh.gif

There is a reason for everything. I originally could not attend the opener of this tour as I had tickets to see the second day of the Lollapalooza festival. I remember how I felt regret for not being able to see Dylan play at one of baseballs oldest historic ballparks. But since the festival has now been cancelled I'll be definitely hitting up Cooperstown, NY.

Yep,there is a reason for everything,I smoke herb,and have been arrested for it,ergo,I am a threat to nation security and not allowed in the USA (over ten years now) although I have succesfully snuck into the USA for TAB in 01 at SPAC,I had trouble entering with my mother when I was required in Lockport NY for chemo & a handful of MRI's,and then denied entry last year while attempting to cross for the Dead at Vernon Downs,I used to tour in the late 80's and early 90's,now with my DUI & driving while disqualified (two seprate offences at different times) my chances are slim to none now.