Jambands.ca

Mr Something Something Last Minute Venue Change

mrsomethingx2

Hello. Sorry about the short notice... Mr. Something Something is now playing tonight at the Rainbow Bistro on Murray St. In Ottawa NOT at Groovy's Roti. Really sorry about the confusion... sometimes booking is like that.

We'll be on for the late show (10:30pmish).

Hope to see you dancing!!! (thanks for the dancing madness last night at the Black Sheep Inn...we had a great time).

www.mrsomethingsomething.com

Too bad you didn't hear about it in time, bouche, it was a great show. If you like dancable, funky music, with a great (and varying) horn section, this is the band for you. I was blown away during the sound check; I think I said something like, "The drummer's sick..." to the guy taking the door money: he was laying down patterns on top of patterns (structures within structures), and playing just enough to give a pulse (as opposed to a strong beat) to the music.

And having the horn section (trumpet + various saxophones, including baritone, tenor, and whatever that little tiny one is that looks like a half-size alto) adds so much; it was a breath of fresh'n'funky air to hear it.

The front-man/vocalist was also well-integrated into the band; he also did just enough to enhance the music, without going too far.

It'd also been a long time since I'd been to The Rainbow, and I forgot how neat a room it is. With the multiple levels (and high stage), it's easy to get a good view, and the dance floor is pretty big and well-placed. The sound was done pretty well; it was quieter than the usual levels you get at Dekcuf or Mavericks, but still crystal clear.

All in all, it was a great night; this may be another one of those I'm-so-glad-I-taped-it-so-I-can-cram-it-down-the-throats-of-those-who-should-have-been-there nights.

Mr. Something Something is coming back to Ottawa on Saturday, July 17, to play at Mavericks; mark your calendars, kids, this one's gonna be great.

Aloha,

Brad