Jambands.ca

Los Lobos-7/17/04-T.Dot

can-o-phish

Last nights free show of Los Lobos at The Harbourfront was a nice treat. With tunes from their new CD, past ones and some nice covers with Bertha, Cinnamon Girl, Good Lovin', and a tease of "Turn on Your Love Light" it was a good time. Hope some others were out there enjoying the music and weather.

Cheers,

Can'o'phish

You said it...what a treat! Love to hear that sweet Los Lobos percussion and rhythm section, along with the stellar guitar mastery. Wish those guys would come this way more often. At first, when I arrived at the stage area, I was stuck in a majorly congested sea of people, and I wondered if I would have to endure the entire show this way. In addition, it seemed a bit of a worry that there were so many people there just for the free show, who seemed like they might just chat through the whole thing. There were times when I thought I might never make it to a place of comfort during the show. But alas, I finally made a beeline and found much relief and the sweet sounds of Los Lobos' eventually captured the attention of those less informed. Anyway, regardless of who it is, it's always wonderful taking in a show right next to the lake, but being that it was actually Los Lobos, that wonder was amplified ten-fold. Nice to see Groove Fetish, Weirdness and zero down there too...wish you guys could've come back to the El Mo and hung out some more. ::