Jambands.ca

Happy Birthday Mick Jagger 07/26/1943

TimmyB

1943 - Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger is born in Kent, England. The group, which takes its name from a Muddy Waters song, is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989. The group does not receive a Grammy Award until 1986 when it is presented a Lifetime Achievement Grammy.

Happy Birthday Mick, I first saw the Rolling Stones at the Voodoo Lounge tour in 1994. I've seen Mick and the boys seven times now. Sometimes the way Mick acts bugs me, but I still got to love him.

I went into Toronto around 5pm to hook up with my friend Andrew so we could go to Stones Place on Queen. It is a bar dedicated to the Rolling Stones owned by Jerry Stone (yes I think he changed his name), and if you're a Stones fan you should check it out. Though to my surprise it wasn't open yesterday.

Just late last year on December 18th for Keith Richards 60th birthday I saw Bernard Fowler & Blondie Chaplin, Rolling Stones backing vocalists perform a tribute show for Keith's birthday at Stones Place.

At the Bruce Hornsby concert I wrote out a request "Today is Mick Jagger's birthday, could you play a Rolling Stones song?" Bruce read out the request and then proceeded to do a cool honky-tonk version "Let It Bleed." After the song he said "That was just for you, whoever you are? I bet it was not the one you expected. That song was called 'Let It Bleed.' How many knew it was a Rolling Stones song?" To loud cheers and Bruce replied "Some know the song, and others are lying your pants off."