Jambands.ca

Alright Dead Fans, your recommendations please..

guigsy

i too was at those shows...late May wasn't it?

in fact that was the last time i saw the Grateful Dead

i was busted at the N.Dakota border going to Deer Creek for east coast tour a month later :(

Yep.(had to check on deadbase :o ) I hit May 24 & 25 for shoreline then the US long weekend the following week in Vegas.

I miss shoreline now that I think about it more...what a great venue always had the most fun when I was there.

hahaha... thanks cowboy... haha... i got a bunch of 74 shows, where phil is just fuckin killin', really layin it down thick and funky, mostly on scarlet begonias from various nights, and right when you're really feelin' phil pushin harder and harder until he's just about to punch a hole in your chest, out of nowhere, the freight train known as Donna comes screamin' round the bend and totally knocks ya back into sobriety with a wail that could kill, well, whales, really.... unbelievable.. sometimes i wonder why the show never stopped and they just kicked her ass off the stage right there.... that being said, when she's not trying to make my ears bleed, i can dig her... she does have a good voice, as long as she's an accent, in my extremely humble grateful dead opinion.

hehehe...

you're funny guigsy ::

the problem with Donna is she could never hear herself on stage

the dead had the wall of sound happening and she HAD to wail to hear her own voice

i LOVE the Donna years, her freight train screams on Scarlet Begonias are killer!

or Greatest Story Ever Told or Passenger or Playin'...WOW!

hahaha... maybe a few more listens, and a little more dope and i'll start to appreciate it a little more. :)

i actually remember the first time i heard one of those scarlet screams, i was in my kitchen doin dishes, nicely stoned, the only way to do dishes, and i honestly broke out laughing... i really couldnt believe what i was hearing. haha.