Cincinnati Records Presents

Saturday August 14th, 2004

@ Casbah

9PM - 19+

306 King St W

'Indie-TapeLoop-LoFi-Rock'

FEMBOTS

with guests TWO MINUTE MIRACLES, ALIVE & LIVING

+++ For Fans Of (note from the promoter): "Weakerthans, A Northern Chorus, Royal City, Low, Pedro The Lion, Songs:Ohia, Hayden"

4idiots.jpg

Venue Doors 9:00PM

Loung Doors 5:30PM (DJ: Nick Flanagan - indie & standup comedy)

MP3s:

http://www.paperbagrecords.com

http://www.teenageusarecordings.com

FEMBOTS: Bio

Hi, we're a band called Fembots from Toronto, Ontario. We’ve been together in some form or other since 1997. Sometimes there are two of us. Some times there are more. When there are two of us our names are Dave MacKinnon and Brian Poirier. We used to make music using tape machines and thrift store toys. It was very lonely and after a while everything broke. Now we make music with other people.

We like all kinds of music. We like to play all kinds of music. When people ask us what kind of music we play we don’t have a good answer. It’s a question most musicians don’t like. Why should we be any different?

Our first record was called "Mucho Cuidado". That means "be very careful" in Spanish. We wrote and recorded the songs at the same time. The record was almost finished before we realized we were a band. It came out in January 2000. Some people liked it enough to play it on the radio and write nice things about it in newspapers and magazines.

Our new record is called "Small Town Murder Scene". It will be out in February 2003.

It doesn’t sound much like our first record. This time we wrote the songs before we recorded them. We think it’s our best work yet, but every band says that about their new record.

TWO-MINUTE MIRACLES Bio:

main_05.jpg

Like an out of work Scandinavian movie producer whose daughter just eloped with 130 lbs of his best yeast, the Two-Minute Miracles know exactly what they need to do.

Andy Magoffin, Aaron Curtis, John F. Higney Jr., Mississauga Slim and Clayton Corneil, known collectively as the Two Minute Miracles, will be releasing their second album this summer after a couple of years spent refining a new load of dark country cliffhangers and angular pop nuggets. Whereas the Miracles debut, "Volume I", represented the scatterbrained efforts of a rogue alcoholic poet, "Volume II" sees five focused prospectors staking their claim on a sonic, lyric frontier territory they feel belongs only to them.

A Two-Minute Miracles show can hectic. But it does not pretend to be something that it is not, and it does not rely upon loud volume for its intensity. The Miracles will be leaving their hometown of London, ON to showcase all the hits from "Volume II" and more at a select number of shows in Southern Ontario this summer. Welcome them to your town and give them vegetables.

INFO contact brodiebooksrock@yahoo.ca

hahahahahahah, i'd go see fembots based on that bio alone! funneeeee!

and my, what a flattering picture. i think i like these boys already!

brian poirier...poirier... why does that name sound so fricken familiar.... grrrr, darn swiss cheese holes in my head! ::

*edit* AHA!!!!!! poirier... there was a boy in my grade one class named jonathan poirier. he was really bad. one time he got in trouble from the teacher for not wearing any underwear to school. what a bitchy teacher, who reams a kid out in front of the class for not wearing underwear to school?! (she knew thanks to the wonders of plumber butt -- dontcha love how guy jeans stick out 10' at the back?) well, now that i've tantalized y'all with this super interesting story, i'll let you get back to your lives now. heeheeheee note to self: must...stop...hijacking...threads...with...completely...unrelated...information................ howsabout... starting.........NOW. heh heh!