Jambands.ca

remember saturday night at moe.down 4???

Bah. You know not of what you speak. Were you at CTMF in May, 2002? It never got above 10C all weekend, and got down to 0C at times. I got back to the office on Tuesday, hung up my jacket, and 5 seconds later, my cubicle smelled like a campfire, due to all the smoke my jacket had absorbed while standing around the ever-burning fire we had going all weekend.

We loaded up the cooler with ice on Friday afternoon*, never re-iced, and there were still cubes-a-floatin' in it on Monday morning, which we found out during the whiteout blizzard we had while packing up (or was it during the hailstorm we had? no, that was Sunday morning...).

During the limited amount of sleep I got that weekend, my nose froze: I'd pull up the sleeping bag as far as I could, and also pull my toque down as far as it could, but had to leave my nose exposed so I could breathe. Luckily, someone (bouche, maybe) had thrown a large tie-dyed blanket over my tent, which provided a surprising amount of insulation, otherwise, it would have been worse.

And, for the record, I was at moe.down 4, and don't remember it being overly cold (or should that be underly warm?) anytime during the weekend.

Aloha,

Brad

* We actually crossed into the grounds at 4:20pm. :)