Jambands.ca

Get Better Soon Dave Davies!!!

Jaimoe

This is terrible news. Dave is one of the great rock guitarists. Although he's always been over-shadowed by his songwriting brother, Dave's contributions to The Kinks' overall sound should not be forgotten.

Get better soon Dave!

Dave Davies Recovering

Kinks guitarist partially paralyzed after recent stroke

Kinks guitarist Dave Davies is suffering from paralysis in the right side of his body after having a stroke on June 30th. According to his spokesman, Davies is "making steady progress" is and will make a "full return to good heath."

"My dad asked me to post a message, as he wishes to let you know he's doing well," Davies' son Christian wrote on the guitarist's official site. "Dave will be taking this time off to focus on healing, writing and plenty of yoga!"

Davies was scheduled to embark on a solo tour of the U.S. this month behind his new album, Bug, released July 12th in the U.K.

It has been a difficult year for the Kinks, as frontman Ray Davies was shot in the leg earlier this year during a robbery in New Orleans. The frequently feuding brothers had discussed the possibility of a reunion this year to coincide with the fortieth anniversary of their first Number One hit, "You Really Got Me."

COLIN DEVENISH

(Posted Aug 12, 2004)