Jambands.ca

The festival express

purple foot

GO SEE THIS MOVIE! Worth every penny for Joplins performance's alone. The footage is incredible, on the train and during the festivals. The best part was when the mayor of Calgary demanded that EVERYONE be let in (the people who thought the festival should be free! stupid hippies) and the promoter refused, the mayor called him a dirty pig from the east coast to which the promoter replied back with a fist to the mouth. classic. the crowd actually clapped at the theater. anyways the dead coverage is great as well as the bands. can't wait for the DVD. should have plenty of outtakes and behind the scenes love. Made me want to jump on a train, buy a T-MICK and spike it with acid.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE!

Do they hand out those sweet programs like they did last year at the International film fest in Toronto?

I do agree that it is a must see.

My favourite by far was the Danko/Garcia/Weir/Janis "Ain't no cane" when Jerry took the guitar off Danko who was so messed he couldn't even clap along.

Classic.

When I went to see it, there was an older couple sitting next to us. When it got to the Calgary part, the guy next to me said "that's me!" - sure enough, he was in the movie briefly, standing watching the Dead, talking to some football player or something. - pretty cool.

The movie was amazing, the Janis performances gave me the chills.