Jambands.ca

Best Post hiatus Yem...

PassedOutGuy

this should be a good one cause im willing to take the time to compare... 12.01.03 does it for me.. not because i was there but because of how tight they were after the Tweezer 2001 opener... very phat jam up to the 17 minute mark with Mike being very heavy with the liquid bass.. any thought?

i miss good Phish...

i miss Phish...

12.01.03 Pepsi Arena Albany NY...hey if anyone is looking to hear this YEM plus a great show its up on db.etree.org right now on the first page... this is also the return of Jeff Holdsworth... although he took away from the second set musically it was still an awesome moment in phistory... what a second set opener... Tweezer 2001 YEM... first set killer Wolfman's Brother as well and probably the best placed Thunderhead ever... not that its life was long but this show it felt right...

SPAC was good but then I was there.

I actually find a lot of YEMs to be almost entirely interchangeable. Not all, but some. I never really expected them to veer away from the structure (a la 10-31-95) and they rarely did (10-10-99 is one example of a free-form YEM I saw).

Big Cypress was a humorous YEM. I ate a gyros on the side of the concert grounds while they screamed "cheesecake"!