Jambands.ca

Smile

Swan

I went to the Brian Wilson show last night at Massey Hall. The crouwd was a lot more diverse than I would have guessed. The show itself was a lot of fun. It opened with a short acoustic set of Beach Boy hits. The first set included Sloop John B and God Only Knows (Brian stated that Paul McCartney once told him that it was his favorite song. The second set was the albulm Smile which BW wrote at 24. Smile includes the Beach Boys hit Good Vibrations. I felt the same about SMile as I did about Neil Young's Greendale the first time I saw it. I wasn't familiar with the music enough to walk away loving it. After the performance of Smile, BW performed an encore of more Beach Boy hits. The show it self was a lot of fun. I really wanted to hear Do You Wanna Dance or Here Today but I guess you can't play everything in only 3 hours. I hope some other made it out to enjoy the evening.

Hey Swan, Did Brian Wilson perform "Add A Little Music To Your Day" last night? That was the one song that would make me disappointed for not attending the Wilson concert last night.

Hey bokonon,

I love Greendale as well. From the first listen online, to the first time through third time I saw it performed live and from the first listen on CD and every time I've pressed play since.