Jambands.ca

HAMILTON, WEDNESDAY, STEPHEN FRANKE

kc

though they obviously were overpowered at the Slip show I really enjoyed Stephen Franke's set on Friday night... more chill than I remembered them but it was a really sweet groove they were laying down

hope some Hamiltonians (especially some of the one's I hardly recognized anymore last friday) can make it out... edit to add, feels like a good night for some socializing over some fine tunes

I really think they're some of the finest musicians playing the venues we frequent.

I agree. I'm really glad to hear it was a good show (and that they had an audience)

Looking forward to next time.

Me too! Somehow, I have a feeling that “next time” they might not necessarily be playing the venues that we traditionally frequent as much as some of the smaller jazz rooms that are available around here. Their music is intended to be much more of an intimate experience; at least that's how I feel.

Cheers!

Stephen was telling me he had been checking out different venues in Toronto and I got the impression he had been doing that at most of the cities they've been passing through. They'll definitely be playing some different places but I imagine PJC and the like will still get their share.