Jambands.ca

Rheos on TV today

M

..from the Rheos camp...

~~~

The Rheostatics Vicki Gabereau performance airs today (October 21) at 1 and 1.30pm PST, 2 and 2.30pm EST. Check your local listings for other time zones.

There is a hilarious interview with all four guys and a great performance of Ozzy!

Also, if you are in Vancouver, the band are playing an instore at Zulu's (1972 4th West St) at 6pm today.

~~~

Get ready all Toronto-nians ... the Fall nationals are coming up at the Horseshoe!!! My favorite part of Fall!!!

Nov 11th to 20th @ Horseshoe. All Rheos. All nights!!!

martinTielli.jpg

coming to a town near you!!!

TOUR DATES

RHEOSTATICS

TOUR 2067

OCTOBER, 2004

---

Oct 19-23: Vancouver, BC @ The Media Club. Tickets $16/$20, available at Ticketmaster, ticketmaster.ca, Highlife, and Zulu. Buttless Chaps supporting.

Oct. 21: Vancouver, BC @ Zulu’s. Free admission. 6:00 pm.

Oct. 25: Nanaimo, BC @ Queen's Pub. Tickets $15, available by calling the venue at 250 754 6751. Buttless Chaps supporting.

Oct. 26: Victoria, BC @ The Upstairs. Tickets $15/18, available at Lyle's Place, D'Arcy's Pub. Buttless Chaps supporting.

Oct 27: Calgary, AB @ The Whiskey. Tickets $15/20, available at Ticketmaster, Megatunes. Support: Lorrie Matheson; Lee Roy Stagger.

Oct. 28: Canmore, AB @ The Drake Inn. Tickets available at the door.

Oct 29: Edmonton, AB @ The Sidetrack Café. Tickets $12/15, available at Blackbird, Megatunes, Listen Records, and Free Cloud Music.

Oct 30: Winnipeg, MB @ The West End Cultural Centre. Tickets are $17/20, available at Ticketmaster, Music Trader, Into the Music. Novillero supporting. Also a reading by Jason Neufeld.

Nov 4 @ the Starlight in Waterloo

Nov 6 @ the Casbah in Hamilton

Nov. 11-20 at the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto.

~~~

...more news...

Martin Tielli killed the radio star

Martin's totally amazing and moving video for "I'll never tear you apart" will be played on November 16th as part of the 3rd annual Indie Music Video Festival which, in their words, is "A two night festival featuring a fresh crop of 40 plus independent music videos from all over the world, showcasing brilliant cinematography, astonishing animation and the most precise and artful editing that is sure to rock each of your senses. Rarely seen, never seen and must be seen .....". Holy smokes. There are a bunch of bangin' videos being shown alongside Martin's from an impressive and diverse list of artists such as Jaga Jazzist, The Locust, Peaches, a silver mt. zion, KMFDM, and more!

It all happens here: IMVF Toronto , Tues. November 16 : IMVF (Pt. 1) 9pm (Pt.2) 11pm at the REVERB-651 Queen St.W. http://www.thebigbop.com

Martin has become so comfortable with the modern video age that he will also be releasing a video for "Merry Christmas, Sergeant Kraulis" as soon as the first snowflakes hit the ground. Be sure to request the pants off that video once it drops! In related Martin-video news, The Rheostatics will soon be filming a video for the song Tarleks off of their brand new album. Martin may or may not also be creating a web-cam video site where you can watch him make 30,000 waffles over the course of a month. We may have made that up or dreamt it or something, but the point is that he is going to be featured in many videos in the coming months, which is very exciting to us.

Nov 9th to 20th @ Horseshoe. All Rheos. All nights!!!

Hey M, just a clarification - your posted dates and the Rheos site both say 11th to 20th (rather than 9th). Did you have a different source that said the 9th or was that a typo?

Either way, great stuff! I'll certainly be there for at least one show, hopefully more! Thanks for the info.

Peace,

Mr. M.

(no relation)

Thanks Mr.M!

For some reason it was in my calendar as the 9th. I've updated the post with the correct date.

I can't wait for those dates! I try to go to as many of the Shoe shows as possible on these runs. They tend to switch it up every night and always have lots of fun suprises in store.

yep, saw the show last night. First time I've seen them in 10 years, what a treat. Some songs were semi-trainwrecks, but others were completely mindblowing. There was a lot of stage banter... The Buttless Chaps (opener) were excellent as well, a great night of music.