Jambands.ca

what the fu©k?

SaggyBalls

So another show at the Trash's Blue Room on a prime night to see live music...2 great bands - Contact and Jomomma - I was one of the 3 people that were there.

am I bad luck? what gives? I didn't see ANY posters up. I didn't see it on the marquis. I didn't hear about it much on the board...I know the P.Bro skank contingent is pretty small so i don't rely on the board for any local events news, but i don't know what the issue is...

the bands are good. not an issue of quality.

the room is cool. not an issue of venue.

the staff seems cool. not an issue of poor service

thursday nights are often fun. can't be a calendar issue.

is it promotion? is it a lack of support for ecclectic music? is it a time to reassess playing small shows? is it time to start having a house party scene start up?

In a community with so many headdy folk walking around, you'd think there'd be more unabridged fun.

should promoters get flyers to local herb suppliers? is it an issue of lazy couch syndrome?

i was glad to see the JoMo and Contact guys again. they pumped it out and had a blast. too bad there wasn't a crowd to do it...

on a related note, moneen played downstairs to a fairly full room i was told. should bands not play a town when there's serious competition?

how can we entice people to travel around from town to town? it hasn't happened yet. perhaps a policy that out of towners get in for free? not advertised in town of course...just by the band...a student discount would weed out all the IDs with out of town addresses...

do we need to pay girls to go to the clubs? clubs ith pretty ladies are always busier...i'm totally confused as to how this happened.

hey beats

why not gimme a shout? do i smell? do i embarass you with my freaky dance moves? do i embarass you with my lack of dance moves? don't bitch about nobody showing if you didn't put any effort out there to even get your own friends out.

as far as your paying ladies, oops my mistake - girls to go to clubs.... well, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt there and not kick your ass next time i see you. while i would love to see more women into this music scene, paying off hoochy mamas to shake it and chat loudly with their skank-sisters may fill up the room, but frankly i'd rather it were empty than have to listen/look at that sh!t. unless you wanna start paying me to go to shows... i'd shake it real good, dontchaknow ;) ::

and while i'm on your case... what gives, man ?!??! you too busy at yer new job for some disc golf???? the weather ain't gettin any better, get out while you can!

wanna hash this sh!t over with a pitcher at the spades tonight?

for sure...

what's wrong with insurging a bit of party fun into a venue though? it's not like my suggestion of having hostesses walk around clubs and hang out and party with people is all that strange...it's just not usual in live music venues, as they often can't afford the expense. I think it would help people break the forcefield...might seem chauvanit from one perspective, but it could go the other way too. just because i defined it to a gender doesn't mean that you could've got into your head that it could easily be extended to party people in general. find a bunch of charming, good looking, fun, cool people to be your promotions/mood crew...that'd be an awesome job. get a cut of the numbers you'd help bring in as well as getting free drinks, free cover for you and your friends, and have a really interesting experience.

I apologize for not calling...i haven't really been too social for awhile. I'm totally down for the spades.

i've been a bit of a shut in and enjoying it - but not tonight...there's a flu epidemic and i need to get out before i get taken over by its evil infectious ways.

i'm not in any way suggesting that the jam scene in peterborough is lacking. it's just small and people have lives to lead. I'm suggesting there's a problem with this situation and want to figure out a way to change it.

i've been getting a lot of extra hours at work...i'd have been up for some golf today but i got home at 5 am after chillin at the hotel with Jomomma (name dropper) and i worked at 12...had to sleep.

see you soon, Moose! i'm comin over to drink beers and have some cheers.

dang !

somebodies in a mood ;)

i live an hour and fifteen minutes away from Peterborough

i make it to a lot of shows, but can't make it to them all

especially when i have a weekend packed full of live music ahead of me

if you know about a show...DO post it here !!

the only Tala show i caught was due to a last minute post i read on here, so it does remind people or let some know who otherwise may not.